My sister & I sent a picture of our dad leaving the USS Latimer in August of 1945, just after Japan had surrendered.They had seen heavy battle in the Pacific.
There's a sweet little boy following him on the dock. It is a wonderful picture; we wanted to surprise him for his 90th birthday. There aren't many of those heroes left; we foolishly assumed they would be delighted to print it. We followed the guidelines to the letter, even resubmitting it for his 91st birthday.
The did not print it, nor did they give us the courtesy of a reply to our numerous letters asking why they didn't.
They print cheerleaders, why not heroes!We have all dropped our subscriptions.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Ok the results are in. Hopefully not the final result but nevertheless I received $308 of a $1080 refund. Besides having to change names in my book and show proof..."
- "Hey guys I'm the author of a path of diamonds and low and behold I have searched every website my book is on, and I found this handy dandy calculator..."
- "I have a children's book that I got published through authorhouse so I could show it to my mother (the Author) just before she died so she could be proud...."
- "On Monday, January 16, I bought a Guess handbag at Duty Free - São Paulo international airport. Yesterday, when I was going to use it for the first time, I..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "Leased a vehicle and 2 weeks later it died in the middle of the intersection after the radiator cooling fans stopped working, the air conditioning stopped working, the gas..."
- "HI, I ORDERED A NIKON D5500 FOR $529.00 THEN WHEN I CALLED TO CHECK ON THE ORDER THEY TOLD ME I WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH THE US VERSION FOR..."